How to cook Tomato and Saffron fish1 min read
Saffron fish is one of the most popular meals in IRAN for the new year’s holidays. Today we are going to teach you how to make Tomato and saffron fish,Using Persian saffron.
Ingredients Saffron fish
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Olive oil spray
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, quartered, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2cm-wide strip orange rind
- 500g white fish fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, extra, to serve
- Steamed green round beans, to serve
Saffron fish Preparation Method
Place the saffron and warm water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to infuse.
Add the saffron mixture, tomato, water and orange rind. Stir to combine. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.